Thursday, July 30, 2015

Adding Makeup Geek Shadow Pans to MAC Pro Palettes

Welcome!

So I know everyone goes crazy for Z palettes but I am a bigger fan of MAC pro palettes due mainly to the price (large Z palettes are around $20, MAC's are $8), I also feel like MAC palettes are a lot more durable and sturdy. One of the downfalls of choosing these palettes though is that Makeup Geek pans don't stick in them without adding a magnet to the back of the pan, or adding a magnetic sheet to the actual palette itself. I prefer to put a magnet on the back, so here is a tutorial on how I do that and still keep the label intact.
1. Place the eyeshadow pan (you can also do this with their blush pans) on a clean and soft surface.

2. Put a blow dryer about 1" away from the pan and turn the dryer on for approximately 30 seconds (this will differ based on how hot your dryer gets), if the label starts to shrivel then hold the dryer a little farther away. 

3. Test the edge of the label and see if it will easily peel away from the pan, if not then repeat step 2 until the glue is soft enough to easily peel away leaving the sticker intact.

4. Place the label on a 1" circle magnet. Press and smooth out the label onto the magnet. I get my magnets from Hobby Lobby. They are precut 1" circles with an adhesive backing and have a magnetic strength of 2; if you can't find something like this then just trace a 1" circle onto a magnetic sheet that has an adhesive backing, cut it out and use that instead. 

5. Peel the paper off the back of the magnet to expose the adhesive then place the magnet on the back of the eyeshadow pan, sticky side down. 

6. Now your MUG shadows will fit into the MAC palettes whether you use the dividers or not (I only use the divider inserts for my blushes, not shadows). 

The magnets I use are strong enough to not have them fallout or move around at all in these palettes. Even if I were to travel with them, I don't have to worry about them shattering or getting ruined. 

Hopefully you found this helpful. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section down below.

 Until next time,

-Pretties and Pastries


No comments:

Post a Comment