Friday, September 5, 2014

MAC Artificially Wild Collection. Swatches of Taupe blush and Natural Wilderness eyeshadow

Welcome! I don't know about you, but I love this collection. The older I get, I embrace more neutral and matte shades and so these two were right up my alley. I only got the two for now but I can definitely see myself picking up the other two blushes and maybe a couple of the lipsticks. 
Left: Taupe blush (matte), Natural Wilderness eyeshadow (satin).

Taupe was actually a PRO shade that I had planned on getting for a while to use as a contour shade. Now that I have it, I regret not getting it sooner. It is a beautiful matte shade that is a perfect contour for fair to tan skin tones. If you are quite fair like me though, just make sure to use it light-handedly since it is quite pigmented. I would describe it as a medium toned taupe with slight undertones of pink/purple. Contouring is really big right now and I can easily see this being a new staple for a wide range of people. I know for me it will replace Sculpt and Wedge as my previous shaping powders. 

Natural Wilderness is a gorgeous medium brown shadow with a mustard/green tone to it. It is technically a satin but I find it to be more matte. It has micro sparkle sporadically throughout it, yet it doesn't translate to the skin though (think of the color Texture from MAC). I love that there aren't too many colors out there like this, and that is it still very wearable despite the mustard/green tone.
I feel like the swatches are much more true to color, maybe just a tad cooler. I am SO excited to add these to my makeup routine. What about you? Are you getting anything from this collection or are you passing on this one? Let me know, I would love to hear from you!

-Pretties and Pastries

No comments:

Post a Comment