Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Chevron Cookies Tutorial

Welcome! As promised, here is the tutorial on how I did the chevron cookies.
1. You will need a chevron stencil or, if you are super awesome then you could try to freehand the zig-zag pattern. As you can see, this is a smaller chevron pattern and I didn't wanted them to be that thin, so I etched every other one to make it thicker. Secure the stencil by taping down the sides or use magnets on the corners to hold the stencil in place, lightly etch the design into the cookie.

2. Dust off the excess crumbs with a food-safe brush. This next part isn't totally necessary but I like to mark a little x where the color dark is going to go using a food-safe marker.

3. Using white flood consistency royal icing and a tip 1.5, fill the first section in, following the etched lines. Use a needle tool or a toothpick to shape the icing as needed. Repeat for steps 4-5 and let dry for at least 30 minutes.

6. Using gray flood consistency icing and a tip 1.5, fill in the rest of the area and use the scribe to shape. Let dry for a few hours.

7. Pipe a bead border using light sky blue stiff consistency icing and a 1.5 or 2 tip, let dry about 30 minutes. When the border is dry, mix together edible silver luster dust and some extract (I used 89% orange extract) and paint that mixture onto the edges using a food safe brush, let dry 15 minutes.

Your beautiful cookies are now ready. Let me know in the comments below if you liked this tutorial and found it helpful, I would love to hear from you! Also if you want to see more things from me then don't hesitate to follow me and check me out of Facebook.

-Pretties and Pastries

No comments:

Post a Comment